Food and Beverage Manufacturing Software
ABC Computers understands that food and beverage manufacturers produce a wide range of products worldwide, and the market is volatile. Consumer demands change rapidly, and new health and specialty niches are making the market more complex. Some demands are long-term—such as continual demand for lower prices, stricter safety requirements, and more detailed labeling. Others are short-term—such as demand for current popular flavors or new packaging or ingredients. The current rapid pace of changing demands presents the following major challenges to food and beverage manufacturers:
- Consumer group interests: Consumer groups are becoming more specialized, with countless food and beverage “niches” emerging every day. For example, we all know people who look for organic, health-enhancing, allergen-free, Kosher, or Halal foods.
- Product needs per channel: Channels for food and beverage manufacturing now include not only grocery, restaurants, and convenience; but big box, warehouse clubs, industrial foodservice, vending and, in some cases, direct through Internet or catalog.
- Food safety has made the news and continues to be a top concern worldwide, particularly in developing countries such as China and India.
- Regulations are constantly evolving and may affect production, labeling, packaging, and ingredient tracking.
- Private label offerings from retailers means it is harder and more expensive to get shelf space for your own brands; and for those offering private label services, there is very little customer loyalty.
- Complex new partnerships: Beyond traditional vertical integration and cooperatives, food companies are now working with other companies on new products, new packaging, regional offerings, and new recipes.
- New partnerships make responding to volatile demand more challenging—as multiple companies must now share information as instantly as possible.
The common business challenge for food and beverage manufacturers worldwide is to move beyond the traditional business model of high volume, low mix, and stable production to the new economy of constant change and niche markets that are open to anyone with a product that some specific set of consumers will love. Simply put, to stay ahead of the competition, food and beverage manufacturers must evolve with their partners to become more innovative, sustainable, and responsive.
Investing in an ERP solution now can help you sense and respond to shifting markets, collaborate to create and deliver innovative products, and develop sustainable business practices to reduce waste, run more efficiently, and drive profitability. Microsoft Dynamics and ABC Computers provide food manufacturers with solutions to drive profitability and avoid costly mistakes with the capability to coordinate with the consumer market, with one system!
Microsoft Dynamics ERP Solutions Benefits:
Reduce the time required to develop innovative products by improving collaboration with partners and by integrating product development with manufacturing, accounting, marketing, purchasing, and suppliers.
Boost business intelligence and performance by measuring and delivering industry-specific and customer-specific KPIs to everyone across the organization with easy-to-use and familiar software.
Eliminate waste and cost inefficiencies and identify opportunities for improved sustainability by capturing, reporting, and analyzing operational data to determine which sustainability programs will yield the greatest cost savings, increase customer purchases, and generate positive public relations opportunities.
Environmental, ecological, and humane sustainability practices can become the basis for reducing costs, mitigating risk, and securing competitive advantage.
Provide manufacturing with real-time data, helping them react quickly to changing consumer tastes and desires in real-time, actionable workflow notifications.
Help connect retailers’ demand requirements directly to manufacturing, supplier, and distribution operations.
Provide accurate reporting and analysis of changing demand and improved visibility across the entire supply chain.
Download this free complimentary white paper Innovative, Sustainable, and Responsive: Food and Beverage Manufacturers Evolve for the New Economy, where Julie Fraser speaks to some of the changes food and beverage companies must make to succeed in today’s environment.
ABC Computers would also like to share with you how Microsoft solutions can help increase your responsiveness to rapidly changing market demands. Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions and Microsoft technologies help food and beverage manufacturers increase innovation success and build a more lean and sustainable business with systems that are easy to use and provide fast, flexible access to decision-making information.