Improve Business Performance from the Job Shop Floor to Your Bottom Line
Effective resource planning is important to all manufacturers, but even more so for job shops. Your business is unique, and the unpredictable pace can put a huge strain on staffing and financial resources. When you gain the ability to manage your internal operations and resources at peak efficiency, you can adapt effectively to business conditions, serve customers more effectively, and keep your operations on track for future growth.
With more than 25 years of experience working with make-to-order manufacturers, ABC Computers understands your unique needs. Our industry expertise combined with the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics NAV software for manufacturers delivers exactly what job shops require — an integrated solution that streamlines quoting, order entry, inventory control, production, labor collection, shipping and invoicing.
With its intuitive design, Microsoft Dynamics NAV puts make-to-order manufacturers on the cutting edge by offering complete control over operations, eliminating redundant data entry, and ensuring consistency and accuracy across the shop floor. With Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you’ll continuously improve your company’s performance, sales, profitability, and throughput.
With Microsoft Dynamics NAV, ABC Computers can help job shops optimize their operations by providing:
Accurate job quoting and estimating
- Calculate costs more accurately and improve overall margins
- Provide more accurate quotes to customers and easily recalculate quotes when needed
- Improve ability to purchase materials from vendors
Real-time job tracking and costing capabilities
- Gather all the costs and organize them in a manageable format
- Track and compare estimated to actual cost, at any point in the job
- See the status of jobs by monitoring dates, activities, material requirements, and subcontractor activities within a single integrated system
- Know where your costs are on every job, every minute of the day
Improved production management
- Better capture actual labor and inventory transactions from the shop floor for better analysis
- Proactively manage customer due dates with production scheduling
- Provide actual job cost data to make informed decisions about acceptable margin and selling price
Automated inventory management and material planning
- Utilize automated material requirements planning (MRP) to understand materials on hand and minimize dollars tied up in inventory
- Provide inventory visibility across all locations to ensure that material demand cannot be satisfied by another internal location
- Free-up space on the manufacturing floor for production
- Enable traceability from raw material to finished goods to customers’ doorstep
- Generate purchase orders automatically
Improved revenue recognition and billing
- Multiple revenue recognition and invoicing/billing methods including milestone billing or percentage of completion of project
Better decision-making with improved reporting and visibility
- Real-time data and reporting for accurate decision-making and planning
- Flexible role-based dashboards for greater user productivity
Improved customer service capabilities and reliability
- Provide customers with information they can count on
- Increase the accuracy of promised orders and respond quickly to customer queries about order status and delivery
- Real-time reporting throughout supply chain creating stronger collaboration
Enhanced shipping accuracy
- Rate shop to find the best pricing
- Reduce redundant data entry with integration to the carriers’ systems
- Accurately calculate shipping prices to understand true cost
Our job shop customers have realized revenue growth, reduced operating costs, and honed their ability to make informed real-time decisions that have significantly improved their businesses.
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear what our customers have to say.